Tankers belonging to Klöckner Heizölhandel GmbH
1951 – the new Klöckner Tower is used in ads by the City of Duisburg
Klöckner Industrie-Anlagen GmbH markets and sells turn-key industrial plants
Tankers being loaded by Stute Verkehrs-GmbH
1950 Klöckner & Co enters the heating-oil trade, thereby becoming one of the first German Companies to start marketing and selling the new fuel. Eight years later, the company Klöckner Heizölhandel GmbH (Klöckner Heating-Oil Trading Co.)is established.
1951 The ruins of the old Klöckner headquarters on Mülheimer Strasse are replaced by a modern, seven-story office tower. The City of Duisburg even uses the new “tower” in promotional ads for the city.
1952 When the Allies ended scrap controls, thanks to a comprehensive network of warehouses and modern processing plants, the scrap iron/scrap metal segment develops into one of the biggest scrap operations in Europe.
By acquiring the Company Kölner Reederei GmbH, the Group expands its shipping operations beyond the River Rhine and canal shipping to include maritime shipping as well.
1956 The former Industrieanlagen GmbH (Industrial Plants Co.) is renamed Klöckner Industrie-Anlagen GmbH and quickly becomes a successful multinational Company engaged in the marketing and sale of turn-key industrial plants.
1957 The Company Stute Verkehrs-GmbH is established. The new Company takes over the management of all Group transportation activities.
1964 Klöckner & Co publishes its first annual report. In the same year, the trading Company begins setting up select foreign subsidiaries.